The City contracts with Harter's Fox Valley Disposal for garbage waste pick-up service. Garbage service is weekly and is coordinated with the bi-weekly recycling pick-up. Find out your garbage and recycling pick-up day by looking at the recycling calendar.
A refuse collection map is also available. (PDF)
Please click here for information regarding refuse, recycling and care placement guidelines.
PLEASE REVIEW THESE IMPORTANT GUIDELINES:
- All trash must be placed in the BLACK LID wheeled cart only.
- All recyclables must be placed in the GREEN LID wheeled cart only. The sorting and separating of recyclables is not required. Do not bag or bind recyclable materials.
- All refuse MUST fit in the container with the lid closed. Do not overfill. Any bags or refuse outside of the container will not be picked up.
- Residents must put their container curbside prior to 5:45 a.m. of pick-up day but not earlier than 3:00 p.m. on the day before pick-up. Containers MUST be put away from curb by 11:00 a.m. the day after pick-up.
- Place carts at the end of the driveway with arrows pointed toward the street and at least 4 feet from each other and from obstacles such as mailboxes, trees, and street lights. This placement allows the mechanical arm of the truck to pick up and empty the carts easily.
- If your home does not have a driveway, place the carts on the grassy boulevard strip.
- Do not place carts in the street or on top of snow banks.
- Between pick-ups, trash and recyclable containers must be stored inside a garage or behind the front of the house.
- Yard waste MUST NOT be mixed with solid waste.
Holiday Schedule for Garbage, Recycling, Yard Waste Pick-up
When a holiday falls on a week day, Harter's Fox Valley Disposal will maintain a five-day schedule (see below) for the collection of garbage, recyclables and yard waste. Depending on what day of the week the holiday falls, your pick-up may be moved to the following day. Garbage should be placed out by 5:00 a.m. If your garbage, recyclables, or yard waste is missed, please call Harter's Fox Valley Disposal at 1-888-804-8556.
2018 Holidays include: Monday, January 1, Monday May 28, Wednesday July 4, Monday September 3, Thursday November 22, and Tuesday December 25.
When the holiday falls on MONDAY, pick-up will be moved one day later for all days, to Tuesday through Saturday.
When the holiday falls on TUESDAY, Monday pick-up will be the same as usual; Tuesday through Friday pick-up will be moved one day later to Wednesday through Saturday.
When the holiday falls on WEDNESDAY, Monday and Tuesday pick-up will be the same as usual; Wednesday through Friday pick-up will be moved one day later to Thursday through Saturday.
When the holiday falls on THURSDAY, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday pick-up will be the same as usual; Thursday and Friday pick-up will be moved one day later to Friday and Saturday.
When the holiday falls on FRIDAY, Monday through Thursday pick-up will be the same as usual; Friday pick-up will be moved one day later to Saturday.