The City contracts with Advanced Disposal (formerly Veolia Environmental Services) for garbage waste pick-up service. Garbage service is weekly and is coordinated with the bi-weekly recycling pick-up. Find out your garbage and recycling pick-up day by looking at the recycling calender.
A refuse collection map is also available. (PDF)
Advanced Disposal is located at 5509 Fuller Street, Schofield, phone 715-359-6637. They are open Monday through Thursday 8am to 5pm and Fridays from 8am to 4pm. Please click here for information regarding additional services provided by Advanced Disposal.
PLEASE REVIEW THESE IMPORTANT GUIDELINES:
- Residents MUST use a garbage container that is is no larger than 35 gallons, of substantial construction with a tight fitting cover, strong handles, and is watertight. A filled container for a residential unit shall not weigh more than 50 pounds. Landlords MUST provide a container for their rental properties. Garbage containers may be rented directly from Advanced Disposal, phone 715-359-6637.
- Residents MUST put their container curbside prior to 5:45 a.m. of pick-up day but NOT earlier than 5:00 p.m. on the day before pick-up. Container MUST be put away from curb by 8:00 a.m. the day after pick-up.
- Residents are recommended to put their trash in plastic bags and not in paper grocery bags or boxes.
- Container MUST be stored out of view from the front of your house.
- Yard waste MUST NOT be mixed with solid waste.
- For residential remodeling/construction projects, up to 60 pounds of small items and materials can be placed curbside every week to be collected. Residents who are working on a large construction project and the material exceeds 60 pounds, can call Advanced Disposal at 715-359-6637 to rent a dumpster.
Holiday Schedule for Garbage, Recycling, Yard Waste Pick-up
When a holiday falls on a week day, Advanced Disposal will maintain a five-day schedule (see below) for the collection of garbage, recyclables and yard waste. Depending on what day of the week the holiday falls, your pick-up may be moved to the following day. Garbage should be placed out by 5:00 a.m. If your garbage, recyclables, or yard waste is missed, please call Advanced Disposal at 715-359-6637.
When the holiday falls on MONDAY, pick-up will be moved one day later for all days, to Tuesday through Saturday.
When the holiday falls on TUESDAY, Monday pick-up will be the same as usual; Tuesday through Friday pick-up will be moved one day later to Wednesday through Saturday.
When the holiday falls on WEDNESDAY, Monday and Tuesday pick-up will be the same as usual; Wednesday through Friday pick-up will be moved one day later to Thursday through Saturday.
When the holiday falls on THURSDAY, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday pick-up will be the same as usual; Thursday and Friday pick-up will be moved one day later to Friday and Saturday.
When the holiday falls on FRIDAY, Monday through Thursday pick-up will be the same as usual; Friday pick-up will be moved one day later to Saturday.