The City of Wausau Offers a Special Cart Service for Disabled Residents
In order to assist residents with disabilities who do not have another person to help them with their property responsibilities the City has established a program to help residents manage cart placement on collection day.
To qualify for the roll out cart service a resident must:
- Be unable to wheel their cart to the curb for collection
- Have no one else who can assist them
- Be certified by a physician as needing assistance
- Fill out and return the required Application for Residential Disabled Roll Out Service
- On collection day your carts must be placed where they can be seen from the street
- In the winter, a path must be clear of snow and ice so workers can safely transport the carts to the street and back.
Once completed the application should be returned to: City of Wausau, Customer Service, 407 Grant Street Wausau WI 54403. If you have additional questions about the disabled program please contact 715-261-6610.