Where Can I see a sample ballot?
To find your sample ballot, go to https://myvote.wi.gov. Go to "Regular Voter." Type in your name and birthdate and click Search. Then double click on your name. There is a list of options on the left side of the screen.
- April 7, 2015 Spring Election
City of Wausau electors who are unwilling or unable to vote at their polling location may vote absentee in the Office of the City Clerk located at 407 Grant Street starting approximately 2 weeks prior to Election Day and ending the Friday prior to Election Day. To obtain an absentee ballot, your request must be in writing. The last day for mailing absentee ballots is the Thursday prior to Election Day. Ballots must be returned to the City Clerk by no later than Election Day. In person absentee voting is available in the office of the City Clerk up to and including the Friday prior to Election Day during office hours (8:00 am-4:30 pm).
For More Information and Election Night Results visit the web site of the Marathon County Clerk.
If you are a military or overseas voter, please contact the City Clerk for procedures to obtain a ballot and applicable deadlines.
To see the number of outstanding absentee and provisional ballots as of 8:00 pm, April 7, 2015, click here.
- All six polling place locations in the City of Wausau open at 7:00 am. and close at 8:00 pm.
- All sites are accessible to elderly and disabled voters.
- If you have questions regarding your city polling location, contact us at 715-261-6620.
- Election results are unofficial until the official canvass has been completed.
- You may check Voter Registration Records online by searching name and date of birth.
- If your registration is not accurate, you need to update your information by completing a voter registration form GAB-131 Form: English Hmong Spanish .
- Voter registration during the late registration period must occur in person at the Office of the City Clerk or in person at the Polling Site on Election Day. Late registration begins after the third Wednesday prior to Election day and ends the Friday prior to Election day. Voter registration requires acceptable proof of residency.
- SPRING ELECTION: APRIL 7, 2015 Turn out
- GENERAL ELECTION: NOVEMBER 4, 2014 Turn out
- PARTISAN PRIMARY: AUGUST 12, 2014Turn Out
- SPRING ELECTION: APRIL 1, 2014 Turn out
- SPRING ELECTION: APRIL 2, 2013 Turn Out
- SPRING PRIMARY: FEBRUARY 19, 2013 Turn Out
- PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: November 6, 2012 Turn Out
- PARTISAN PRIMARY: August 14, 2012 Turn Out
- RECALL ELECTION: June 5, 2012 Turn Out
- RECALL PRIMARY: MAY 8, 2012 Turn out
To comment on the content of this page, please contact Toni Rayala, City Clerk at 261-6620.