NEW!!! Online Registration and Pre-Registration to Vote:
If you have moved or changed your name since the last time you voted or if it has been over four years since you voted, you will need to reregister. Voters may now register online. In order to register online you must have a current and valid State of Wisconsin Driver License or State of Wisconsin ID card issued by the Wisconsin Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Simply go to the website: MyVote.wi.gov to start the registration process, or register by mail during open registration (open registration is no less than 20 days prior to each election) or at City Hall, in the City Clerk’s Office, during late registration. Voters may still register at the polls on Election Day.
When registering by mail, in the clerk's office or on Election Day, proof of address is required. The following documents can be used as proof of address:
- Utility bill issued within the last 90 days.
- Bank or credit union statement.
- Current and valid Wisconsin driver license or Wisconsin identification card.
- Real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the previous year.
- Document issued by a unit of government.
- Check issued by a unit of government.
- College fee statement issued in the last nine months, accompanied by student ID card.
- Affidavit from a public or private social service agency, on letterhead, identifying an individual who is homeless and indicating where that individual resides.
- Official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit
- Identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business, which has a photograph of the cardholder, but not a business card.
- Residential lease effective on the day of registration (cannot be used if registering by mail).
- You may check Voter Registration Records online by searching name and date of birth.
- If your registration is not accurate or current, update your information either online or by completing a voter registration EL-131 Form: English Hmong Spanish.
Absentee Ballots and Early Voting:
Voters also have the option to vote absentee in the Office of the City Clerk (8:00 - 4:30) located at 407 Grant Street starting approximately three weeks prior to Election Day and ending the Friday prior to Election Day. Requests for an absentee ballot by mail must be in writing. The last day for mailing absentee ballots is the Thursday prior to Election Day. The ballot must be returned to the City Clerk in time so it can be delivered to the polling place no later than 8:00 pm on Election Day.
- Spring Primary February 20, 2018
- Spring Election April 3, 2018
- Partisan Primary August 14, 2018
- General Election November 6, 2018
For More Information and Election Night Results visit the website Marathon County Clerk.
No provisional ballots as of 8:00 pm, August, 14, 2018.
- All six polling place locations in the City of Wausau open at 7:00 am. and close at 8:00 pm.
- All sites are accessible to elderly and disabled voters.
- Election results are unofficial until the official canvass has been completed.
- Voter registration during the late registration period must occur in person at the Office of the City Clerk or at the Polling Site on Election Day. Late registration begins after the third Wednesday prior to Election day and ends the Friday prior to Election day. Voter registration requires acceptable proof of residency.
- PARTISAN PRIMARY: AUGUST 14, 2018 Turn Out
- SPRING ELECTION: APRIL 3, 2018 Turn Out
- SPRING PRIMARY: FEBRUARY 20, 2018 Turn Out
- SPRING ELECTION: APRIL 4, 2017 Turn Out
- GENERAL ELECTION: NOVEMBER 8, 2016 Turn Out
- PARTISAN PRIMARY ELECTION: AUGUST 9, 2016 Turn Out
- PRESIDENITAL PRIMARY SPRING ELECTION: APRIL 5, 2016 Turn Out
- SPRING ELECTION: APRIL 7, 2015 Turn out
- GENERAL ELECTION: NOVEMBER 4, 2014 Turn out
- PARTISAN PRIMARY: AUGUST 12, 2014Turn Out
- SPRING ELECTION: APRIL 1, 2014 Turn out
- SPRING ELECTION: APRIL 2, 2013 Turn Out
- SPRING PRIMARY: FEBRUARY 19, 2013 Turn Out
- PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: November 6, 2012 Turn Out
- PARTISAN PRIMARY: August 14, 2012 Turn Out
- RECALL ELECTION: June 5, 2012 Turn Out
- RECALL PRIMARY: MAY 8, 2012 Turn out
Any other questions, please contact the Clerk's office at 261-6620.