Safety City is designed for children who will be entering Kindergarten in the Fall of 2017. This program is taught by Wausau Police Officer "Officer Friendly" Maureen Pilsner and a Wausau School District summer school teacher.
• View full Brochure & Form
Safety City teaches your child about many various safety points, plus allows your child to interact with public safety officials in a positive, fun learning environment. Classes are 1½ hours long Monday through Friday at Grant Elementary School (Map). The cost is a $10.00 nonrefundable fee per student, but financial assistance is available upon request.
A sampling of safety issues covered are:
- Traffic Safety: Traffic lights, stop signs, pedestrian rules, cross walks, safety patrols.
- Stranger Safety: Various situations involving strangers and what to do.
- Poison Safety: Learn about dangers of poison and medicines.
- Water Safety: Discuss safety around water.
- Fire Safety: Meet a firefighter, learn about fire safety in your home.
- School Bus Safety: Learn about bus safety, and how to follow driver's rules.
- Bicycle Safety: We will be riding bikes and learning all about helmets and how to ride a bike safely.
If you would like to register your child, please fill out and return the Form in the Brochure.
Mail or bring the completed/signed Form with Registration Fee to the Wausau Police Department by May 31, 2017. This is first come/first serve so please send in forms as soon as possible.
You will be notified by mail as to the specific session your child is enrolled.