COMMONLY-FOUND PROPERTY MAINTENANCE VIOLATIONS...
Exterior Property Areas:
▪ All exterior areas shall be maintained in a clean and sanitary condition, free from any accumulation of items/garbage/ debris/yard waste.
▪ Dog/animal excreta must be picked up on a daily basis, so as to minimize health hazards.
▪ Furniture intended for indoor use is not allowed on yards or open porches.
Trash Containers, Recyclable Containers and Trash:
▪ Trash containers, recyclable containers and trash shallnot be set out for collection any sooner than 3:00 p.m. of the day before pickup, and all containers shall be removed from the curb-side/boulevard area by 11:00 a.m. of the day after pickup.
▪ Between pickups, trash and recyclable containers shall be stored inside or in an area where they would not be visible from the front or sides of the property.
▪ During winter months, trash containers must not be placed on snow banks.
▪ Trash containers must be of substantial construction with tight-fitting covers and strong handles on the outside, they must be watertight and flyproof, and shall not exceed a capacity of 35 gallons. Any container when filled shall not weigh more than 50 pounds.
▪ Landlords must provide a sufficient number of containers to hold the recyclable and nonrecyclable solid waste for their properties.
▪ Parking of vehicles on the grass in the City is not allowed—vehicles must be parked on established driveway/parking areas that are hard-surfaced (on blacktop, concrete, or brick or grass pavers that are approved by the City). Adding more parking area on residential properties using gravel is not allowed.
▪ Vehicles that are inoperative, abandoned, unregistered or unlicensed, or in any state of major disassembly, disrepair or dismantlement are not allowed on residential properties.
▪ Working on vehicles on residential properties is not permitted.
▪ Motor homes, camping and travel trailers, boats, boat trailers, snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles, utility trailers, etc. cannot be parked or stored in any required front yard or corner side yard of any residential property, except for on a designated driveway which meets the City's hard-surfacing requirements.
▪ Equipment or trailers that are longer than 30' (measured from back bumper to tongue) must be parked within enclosed structures.
Signs: Rummage sale, garage sale, real estate, advertising, or other such signs cannot be placed on boulevards, other public right-of-ways, or attached to public utility poles.
If you have any questions or wish to report any violations, call the Division of Inspection, Zoning and Electrical Systems at 715.261.6780.