Street Construction Projects
Street construction projects include the installation of concrete curb, gutter and drive approaches; bituminous concrete (asphalt) pavement; storm sewer where necessary; replacement and/or installation of water and sewer laterals where necessary; replacement of existing defective sidewalk; and possible installation of new sidewalk if it does not currently exist.
The following streets are proposed for reconstruction in 2017:
- Washington Street from the railroad tracks to 13th Street
- 2nd Street from Bridge Street to East Wausau Avenue
- East Wausau Avenue from the railroad tracks to 3rd Street
- Plaza Drive from North 28th Avenue to Pine Ridge Boulevard
- Callon Street from South 6th Avenue to South 12th Avenue
Future Street Projects
Streets proposed for construction in 2018 will be posted in the spring.
Special assessments are typically levied to abutting property owners when street construction projects take place. Please refer to Frequently Asked Questions for more information on special assessments.