Property owners who wish to have concrete or asphalt work done in the right-of-way abutting their property must hire a contractor licensed by the City to do so. Examples of work within the right-of-way include drive approaches, curb and gutter, and sidewalk. Contractors are not required to be licensed to perform concrete or asphalt work on private property, such as for driveways or sidewalk adjacent to a house. A licensed contractor must be hired only if the work to be done is within the right-of-way.

If a concrete drive approach is installed, widened or replaced, a Drive Approach Permit must be obtained from the Engineering Department. The 2019 fee is $25.00. The permit can be obtained by the property owner or by the licensed contractor who has been hired to do the work.

If you are planning to have concrete or asphalt work done and are unsure if it is in the right-of-way (such as at the end of your driveway), call the Engineering Department at 715/261-6740.

List of Licensed Contractors